Working for the people of Westminster, working to earn your vote!
The Early Years
I’ve lived in Westminster almost all my life, moving here with my family when I was 4 years old. My stepfather was employed at Rocky Flats, working to safely shut down the plant. My mother was a stay-at-home mom turned small business owner while I was still in school. I was a latch-key kid with working parents, but they still had time to take advantage of what Westminster had to offer. I played on the city soccer team, went to libraries, rode my bike along endless trails throughout the city and neighborhoods, and went to the Westminster City Park Recreation Center. Swimming, fireworks, the pottery room - I didn’t know it at the time, but this was a world-class facility right in my own backyard.
I’m a product of the Westminster public school system and proud of it. I was lucky that my parents chose Westminster to live. As a graduate of Stanley Lake, it prepared me for whatever choice I made whether it was going directly to work, learning a trade, or choosing higher education.
The Later Years
During my college years, I was on my own since my parents relocated to Oregon. I lived in Fort Collins while attending Colorado State University, but always came back to Westminster to live and work between semesters. After earning a bachelor’s and master’s degree in public communications, I could have lived anywhere, but Westminster was calling me home.
The Recent Years
I currently work for the Regional Transportation District and have for eight years. This has given me the opportunity to work with the community, listen to their concerns, and inform them of changes that will directly impact their lives. I’ve also become a first-time homeowner in Westminster. I know firsthand that affordable housing is important and necessary, especially in a place like Westminster. This city has so much to offer, and I want to be a part of that vision. I know Westminster – I grew up here, live here, I utilize its parks, open space, public transportation, and housing opportunities. I want to contribute to the vision that makes Westminster deliver “exceptional value and quality of life.” And with your vote, I can make that happen for our community.
Snapshot of highlights:
* Raised and educated K-12 in Westminster
* Grew up with parents as small-business owners
* Graduated from Colorado State University - bachelor's and master's in communication
* Purchased a home in 2014 in Westminster
* Worked for Jefferson County Open Space and was part of their Trails Stewardship Team (TST)
* Volunteered and was Board Secretary for Hispanic Annual Salute (scholarship fund)
* Small group leader - Immaculate Heart of Mary
* Work for the Regional Transportation District (since 2011)
* Adams County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer
* Westminster Citizen’s Police Academy Alumni Member